A Strong Local Voice
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS MY ROLE AS COUNCILLOR FOR THE ROSEHILL WARD.
I have lived in Rosehill with my family for over 40 years.
I have a Doctorate in Creative Arts, taught Art in Western Sydney High Schools and Western Sydney University while living by the philosophy – if you don’t have red, use blue.
I BELIEVE IN LOCAL VOICES FOR LOCAL ISSUES
As a Councillor for the Rosehill Ward since 2017 I work with and for residents to achieve improvements in the Urban Environment of our Ward, by creating more Community Infrastructure, Cleaning our Waterways and encouraging more Community Consultation.
IMPROVING OUR URBAN ENVIRONMENT
Actively Advocating for the removal of Industrial, Household and Commercial waste and pollutants from Duck River, Duck Creek and a’Becketts Creek.
Supporting volunteers cleaning litter from the Parramatta River and Haslam’s Creek.
Supporting upgrades to Garside Park, Rydalmere Park, George Kendall Reserve, Ollie Webb Playground, Rosella Park, and Deakin Park.
Advocating for more Sustainable Development.
Engaging with and Advocating for, residents wishing to bring local issues and events that the community wants brought to the attention of Council and addressed
CREATING MORE COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE
Advocating to Government Agencies for access to unde utilised land under ther M4 Motorway to create passive and recreation spaces public for the Community.
Working with the Community to advocate for the re-instatement and creation of Public Transport routes and timetables that serve Community needs.
BETTER COMMUNITY CONSULTATION
Supporting the need of residents to have their voice heard, by advocating for more Community Consultation, submissions, petitions and public meetings on situations and events that affect living amenity.
Engaging with communities to develop their visions and ideas into a forseeable future.
Supporting residents wanting to comment on Planning Proposals and Development Applications and State Significant Projects.
As Ward Councillor I have advocated for
* Council support of the NSW Upper House Enquiry recommendation that the NSW Government replace Parramatta Pool. Relieving Parramatta Ratepayers of the financial burden of paying for re-building the pool.
* Cyclists access to the Bus Only lane on the Bennelong Bridge.
* The construction of temporary and permanent cycle lanes in Harris Park and Rosehill and the Parramatta River missing link shared path.
* a report on the feasability of a bulky goods re-cycling centre being established to service Parramatta LGA. This is being considered as a shared service between a number of Councils
* Better management of abandoned and unattended shopping trolleys through coin operated trolley bays and/or electronic wheel locks.
* A Council report on banning single use plastic shopping bag in the Parramatta LGA.
* And supported free cloth bags for residents to encourage re-use.
* Requesting Schools Infrastructure NSW NOT to use Peninsula Park at Wentworth Point as its School rereation space for Olympic Park High School, through a motion to Council.
* Assurances from the State Government that Peninsula Park in Wentworth Point that funds have been allocated and construction be started.Promised in 2012 and still not delivered, Peninsula Park will be the only public park in Wentworth Point.
Advocating for Development Controls that will result in a more liveable and sustainable city for residents, workers and visitors.
* The Transformation of land under the M4 Motorway into vibrant community passive and active community spaces the residents of Granville, Harris Park and Rosehill.
* Council Officers and Government Agencies, RMS and Sydney Water requesting transfer of forgotten land under the M4 Motorway to Council and community control.
* Construction of a temporary bike path on Hill Rd after the original one was closed by a developer.
* More action by the State and Federal Governments to assist and owners of buildings that need to replace combustible cladding.
* No privatisation in and of of Parramatta Parklands.
* Better management of Parramatta Park, retention of Tree canopy.
* Residents seeking support with issues affecting their living amenity and quality of life.
More education and arareness of water sources for Mosquito breeding.
* Re-instatment of planned changes to existing Bus and Ferry routes. Including the express M52 bus from Parramatta the City along Victoria Rd and the F3 Ferry Service Parramatta to Circular Quay.
* Improved and extra Public Transport Bus routes to serve the residents and workers of Wentworth Point and Newington.
* Improved Mobile Phone Infrastructure and coverage by Telecommunication Companies in Wentworth Point be upgraded. Currently 10,000 residents are serviced by 1 3g phone tower.
* More consultation on State Government Infrastructure that impacts on residents and visitors to Parramatta
* Activated Hoardings – preferably with Art – to minimise the visual impact of bland hoardings during construction.
* Renaming of Olympic Park Wharf to Wentworth Point Wharf.To avoid confusion, as the Wharf is located at Wentworth Point, particulary for visitors.
* Ensuring the establishment of a Multimedia Centre in the Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library, through a motion to Council
Website and content authorised by Patricia Prociv 26 Short St Rosehill 2142
Ph. 0412 984 176
Website Authorised by
Patricia Prociv 26 Short St Rosehill NSW 2142.